26. 08. 2009 - The Czech Airlines Management Board Aids in Resolving the Present Situation of the Airline
Prague, 26 August 2009
The representatives of the union organisations have confirmed that they understand the restructuring steps that Czech Airlines is obliged to take to overcome the global economic crisis and peacefully complete the privatisation process. According to them, however, they do not want to grant the results of the restructuring measures to the present management.
In order to calm the media unrest surrounding Czech Airlines, so as to enable the Airline to concentrate on its further development, the airline’s management has made the following offer its shareholder.
The airline’s Management Board will resign their posts immediately upon the signing of amendments to the collective agreements. The mutual agreement will be as follows:
- A 30% reduction in pilots’ salaries: a saving of CZK 480 million (from the present average salary of a pilot of CZK 212,000, a reduction to CZK 148,000 per month);
- A 15% reduction in the salaries of other employees: a saving of CZK 480 million;
- The cancellation of operating restrictions;
- A freeze on the payment of employee benefits until the end of the global economic crisis, but at least until the end of 2010: a saving of CZK 220 million.
The airline’s Management Board is prepared to implement this proposal immediately. The management of Czech Airlines trusts that the unions’ repeated promise of their support for the airline’s restructuring will not remain merely on paper this time.
Czech Airlines Press Spokesperson