We will gladly help you travel with your sports equipment. We routinely carry bicycles, golf clubs, and skis. Here, we give you information on the procedures for the carriage of each type of sports equipment.
Carriage of sports equipment is subject to a special charge for the non-standard/oversized baggage in most cases. Such baggage must be, for the most part, checked in at the Oversize Baggage counter.
You can carry the following sports gear as checked luggage:
- Skiing equipment packed in protective packing (e.g., one pair of skis, poles and boots, or one snowboard and a pair of boots, or one pair of water-skis) is treated as one piece of baggage
- Golf equipment (a bag with golf clubs, golf balls and one pair of shoes) is treated as one piece of baggage
- A bicycle packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage; a bicycle must be partially disassembled (with the handle bars in direct axis and the pedals removed)
- A surfboard or windsurfing set packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage
- Other types of sports equipment, such as a kayak or other sports boat, fishing and scuba-diving equipment or other sports equipment must be packed in protective packing, and is treated as one piece of baggage