You can bring one cabin bag on board of the aircraft free of charge with the following maximum dimensions: length 55 cm, width 45 cm and height 25 cm incl. handles, pockets and wheels.
|Price Package||Cabin Bag|
|Business, Business Lite||2 pieces, up to 8 kg each|
|Flex, Plus, Lite||1 piece up to 8 kg|
All other items must be placed inside the cabin baggage. Cabin baggage is transported either in the assigned overhead locker or under the seat in front of you.
A child up to 2 years travelling on an adult’s lap is not allowed to transport cabin baggage.
Aircraft cabin is capacity limited. For safety reasons your cabin baggage within allowance limits may be carried in aircraft hold. No fee is charged for such baggage.
Cabin baggage exceeding the allowances (amount, size or weight) will be transported as checked baggage at the appropriate fee.
Checked baggage transported on Czech Airlines operated flights must not exceed 32 kg and 203 cm (length + width + height), due to technical reasons. There is an exception for passenger’s wheelchairs, animals and musical instruments that cannot be divided into lighter or smaller pieces provided their transport is approved by the carrier in advance.
The following rules apply to free checked baggage transport aboard Czech Airlines operated flights:
|Price package||Checked Bag|
|Business, Business Lite||2 pieces, up to 32 kg each|
|Flex, Plus||1 piece up to 23 kg|
|Lite||For a fee|
Loyalty Programme Members:
OK Plus Silver, Gold and Platinum card holders and SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus card holders are entitled to a free extra piece of checked baggage on flights operated by Czech Airlines assigned Sky Team carrier marketing codes provided the sum of all three dimensions (length + width + height) does not exceed 203 cm and the weight does not exceed 23 kg. To enrol in the OK Plus frequent flyer programme, click here.
Transport provided by another carrier
If your ticket has been issued by another carrier or if any part of the trip is operated by a carrier other, than Czech Airlines, different free checked baggage allowance may apply. Please contact the ticket selling channel for details.
Travelling with Children:
- A child up to 2 years of age travelling on an adult’s lap with a ticket in the Business, Business Lite, Flex or Plus price package is entitled to carry 1 piece of checked baggage - provided the sum of its three dimensions (length + width + height) does not exceed 115 cm and the weight does not exceed 10 kg, and 1 folded stroller free of charge.
- A child under 2 years of age travelling on an adult’s lap with a ticket in the Lite price package is entitled to carry 1 folded stroller free of charge.
- A child with a reserved seat is entitled to the same free baggage allowance as an adult passenger. A folded stroller can also be carried free of charge for children of respective ages.
In your checked baggage, you may not carry money, cheques, credit cards, securities and other valuables, business or personal documents, passports or other personal identification documents, keys, mobile telephones, glasses and sunglasses, jewellery and articles made of precious metals, cameras, video-cameras and other electronic devices (including personal computers, laptops, and CDs with databases), works of art or fragile items.
Valuable, fragile, or easily breakable items (e.g. musical instruments, chandeliers, etc.) wrapped in protective packaging can be carried on board, on a separate seat, provided a confirmed seat reservation for such items together with the passenger seat reservation are made in advance. When making such seat reservation, the exact dimensions and weight of the item must be provided. For safe carriage in a seat, the baggage must not exceed 20 kg and its dimensions must not exceed a width of 42 cm, a length of 41 cm and a height of 80 cm, or in the case of a musical instrument (e.g. violoncello) a width of 50 cm, a length of 135 cm and a depth of 35 cm. A charge, equal to the adult ticket price without airport charges, is collected for baggage carried on a seat.
If you need to travel with items that cannot be carried as regular baggage, you can use cargo shipment.
If you need to travel with checked-in baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance, it is possible to pay the respective charge online during the ticket purchase or at a later date via the “My Bookings” application on our website, our sales points or our Call Centre.
Click here for Excess Baggage Charges.
Excess baggage or non-standard size baggage is carried on the same aircraft with passenger, provided that the necessary space has been reserved in advance or is available in the aircraft on the day of departure.
Air transport is subject to strict security rules. Before you fly, find out which items are excluded from carriage.
According to the applicable international regulations, you are not allowed to have, either with/on you or in your cabin baggage, the following items:
- Knives and all other items of a stabbing or cutting nature
- Toys that look similar to real weapons (e.g., pistols, grenades)
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 telephones are also banned from carriage. They must not be transported in checked baggage, carry-on baggage or carried by passengers on their person during flights.
Dangerous materials (explosives and ammunition, flammable and corrosive materials, compressed gases, toxic and infectious substances, oxidizing substances, radioactive materials, magnetic materials and other dangerous goods) may only be carried as cargo on air-waybill and under special conditions of carriage.
You are only permitted to take small quantities of liquids in your cabin luggage or on your person. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding one litre per person.
- Water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, setting foams, other foams and deodorants
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Liquid-solid mixtures
- Any other item of similar consistency
Furthermore, you can take the following liquids on board:
Liquids for use during the flight, such as liquids required for medicinal purposes or due to special dietary requirements, including baby food. If you are carrying liquids for medicinal purposes or baby food, make sure they do not exceed the quantity required for the flight. Security staff may ask you to taste the liquid (e.g., baby food) or present a document of its origin (e.g., if carrying insulin, you must show a medical certificate or a prescription in your name).
For more information about carrying liquids on board, see the security regulations.
For details about carrying baggage and about prohibited items, see the Conditions of Carriage.
We will allow you to travel with your sports equipment on flights operated by Czech Airlines. While purchasing the tickets please arrange transport of sports equipment at our points of sale, through Call Centre, or in the sales agency.
Sports equipment exceeding the free baggage allowance is transported for standard excess baggage charges with the exception of 1 piece of golf or ski equipment up to 15 kg that is transported within price package Flex free of charge. Sports equipment is checked in at the standard check-in counter or at the Oversize Baggage counter with respect its size.
You are allowed to transport the following sports equipment as checked baggage
- Ski equipment packed in protective packing (e.g., one pair of skis, poles, boots and helmet or one snowboard, pair of boots and helmet, or one pair of water-skis) is treated as one piece of baggage.
- Golf equipment (a bag with golf clubs, golf balls and one pair of shoes) is treated as one piece of baggage.
- A bicycle packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage; a bicycle must be partially disassembled (with the handle bars in direct axis and the pedals removed)
- A surfboard or windsurfing set packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage
- Other types of sports equipment, such as a kayak or other sports boat, fishing and scuba-diving equipment, hockey set, or other sports equipment must be packed in protective packing, and is treated as one piece of baggage
It may happen that your checked baggage is delayed or damaged upon arrival. Here you can find out what to do in such cases.