1.1 - OK Plus is a frequent flyer programme (hereinafter referred to as “OK Plus”), operated by České aerolinie a.s., with its registered seat in Prague 6, Ruzyně Airport, Post Code 160 08, Czech Republic, inscribed in the Commercial Registry maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, entry 1662, ID No. 45795908, hereinafter referred to as “Czech Airlines”), the purposes of which are to further increase the quality of services provided by Czech Airlines and to enable the provision of special advantages to those passengers who use the air carriage services of Czech Airlines regularly. Passengers who complete the OK Plus Programme Application (hereinafter referred to as the “Application”), conclude an agreement with Czech Airlines, with its registered seat in Prague 6, Prague Airport, post code 160 08, Czech Republic, inscribed in the Commercial Registry maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, entry 1662, ID No. 45795908, which shall be governed by these OK Plus Programme General Rules (hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”).
- 2.1 OK Plus membership is free. The exercise of rights connected with OK Plus membership cannot be transferred from an OK Plus member to another person.
- 2.2 OK Plus membership is open to any individual older than 2 years, with a permanent residence in a country whose legislation does not explicitly prohibit membership in such programmes, and provided that the person fulfils all of the membership requirements. If an OK Plus member is under 18 years of age a legal representative acting on behalf of this member is a person appointed by family law (usually a parent of child) or a person in whose care the minor has been entrusted by the court, respectively.
- 2.3 Membership shall not be permitted to legal entities, associations of natural persons or legal entities, associations, or other groups.
- 2.4 Anyone who wishes to become an OK Plus member and make use of the benefits of the programme must complete and sign a valid Application. By signing, the person shall confirm that he is acquainted with the Rules and agrees to abide by them. An Application, available via the Internet on the Czech Airlines website, completed and submitted in electronic form, or enrolment made over the telephone, through the Czech Airlines Call Centre, shall be considered to constitute a valid Application.
- 2.5 Membership takes effect as at the date specified in a valid Application, on the date an Application is completed on the Czech Airlines website, or on the date of enrolling through the Czech Airlines Call Centre.
- 2.6 In the event that multiple Applications are received from one person, only one Application may be accepted.
- 2.7 Czech Airlines reserves the right to expel a member from the programme, should:
a. These Rules be breached;
b. The member express his disagreement with the Rules, or changes or amendments thereto;
c. The “Detailed Terms and Conditions for the Carriage of Passengers, Baggage, and Goods in Air Transport” published by Czech Airlines be breached;
d. The conditions of a contractual partner of the OK Plus programme be breached;
e. The member acts in contrary with good manners;
f. The member harms the reputation of the company or spreads defamatory statements in the media.
- 2.8 An OK Plus member may deliver, at any time during his membership, a written or electronic termination request to the OK Plus Service Centre (Czech Airlines - OK Plus, V Celnici 5, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic). The request must state the membership number, first name, surname, date of birth, date of membership termination, and, in the event of a written request, signature. An electronic termination request must be submitted from the e-mail address that the OK Plus member stated as his contact address; otherwise, the request cannot be accepted as a valid request for the termination of membership.
- 2.9 As at the membership termination or member expulsion date, any and all claims and rights arising from OK Plus, that a member may have with respect to Czech Airlines, shall cease to exist.
- 2.10 Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Delta Air Lines, Kenya Airways, KLM, Korean Air, MEA, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines are Czech Airlines’ partners in the global SkyTeam Alliance of airlines (hereinafter referred to as “Alliance Partners”). The number of Alliance Partners may change during OK Plus membership. A current list of alliance members shall be available at www.skyteam.com.
- 2.11. Changes of contact details on member’s account can be done on the basis of the verification of a valid PIN or the account holder’s identity, on the basis of a personal identification document or passport, at a Czech Airlines office.
- 3.1 Miles are the standard unit used on OK Plus member accounts, and represent the level of loyalty of a member.
- 3.2 The use of the services of Czech Airlines or OK Plus contractual partners is awarded with the related number of miles. The earning of miles for using the services of all OK Plus contractual partners is exclusively subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant contractual partner. The number of miles credited corresponds to the conditions applicable at the time of the flight or the use of the partner’s service.
- 3.3 The validity of miles shall be limited by two conditions during the term of a person’s OK Plus membership:
a) The validity of each mile shall be limited to 24 months from the date of a flight or using of partner services. Should these miles not be used during this period, the miles shall expire automatically on the date of the last day of the month when the validity of miles expired. Expired miles cannot be subsequently used.
b) The validity of all miles expires (irrespective of the date of their crediting) no later than 24 months after the last OK flight operated by Czech Airlines was taken (excluding Bonus tickets, ID and AD tickets). Payments with selected payment cards issued in cooperation with Czech Airlines replace such a flight, this being a subject to the additional condition specified on the OK Plus website in the Payment cards section. Should these miles not be used during this period, all the miles on the account shall expire automatically on the date of the last day of the month when the validity of miles expired. Expired miles cannot be subsequently used. A member receives a new 24-month period for mileage accrual valid from the date of miles expiration, in connection with the last flight, or from the date of account establishment.
This paragraph becomes valid from 1 May 2012 with effect from 1 October 2012.
- 3.4 A personal mile account is maintained for each member at the OK Plus Service Centre, to which the related miles are credited for the use of the services of Czech Airlines, our alliance partners, or OK Plus contractual partners.
- 3.5 Miles can be obtained:
a. For flights flown on the scheduled flights of Czech Airlines and its Alliance Partners, as well as on the scheduled flights of other airlines, provided that they are partners of the OK Plus programme;
b. For using the services of the non-airline OK Plus contractual partners;
c. By transferring a limited number of miles from another loyalty programme of a non-airline OK Plus partner;
d. By purchasing miles from Czech Airlines.
e. By a transfer of a limited number of miles from an account of another OK Plus member.
- 3.6 For each flight, members are credited with the number of miles corresponding to the distance between the airport of departure and arrival. A minimum of 500 miles are credited for each domestic flight, and 750 miles for each international flight (exceptions for some airlines are stated on the OK Plus website under Airlines section); in certain booking categories, the number of miles may be increased or reduced depending on the tariff purchased. The distances in miles between individual airports, and the number of miles obtained for a flight in each booking class, are available upon request from the OK Plus Service Centre. Czech Airlines may, for a limited period of time, make certain flights more advantageous by crediting an additional number of miles, a so-called Promo Bonus. A fixed number of miles, depending on the type of service used, is credited for the use of the services of non-airline contractual partners.
- 3.7 All OK Plus members are informed about the number of miles credited, as well as of their balance, through an Account Statement for each month, where an activity on their account has been noticed. Other members having active membership without current activity will receive an Account Statement for March, June, September and December. The Account Statement is sent electronically and free of charge to the member’s e-mail address.
- 3.8 The airport of departure and arrival, booking class, carrier, and date of flight are based on the information specified on a valid ticket.
- 3.9 Miles for flights flown and services used may only be credited if they were made (used) during OK Plus membership. New OK Plus members can be credited for Czech Airlines flights flown within the 3 months preceding the date on which they enrolled in the programme.
- 3.10 Miles for each flight/service can only be credited in one indivisible amount. If a flight/service is eligible for points in several marketing programmes, one flight/service may only be calculated into one programme, unless otherwise provided. Miles from another frequent flyer programme cannot be transferred to an OK Plus account.
- 3.11 One flight/service can be credited to only one account – the account of the member who actually flew on the flight, or actually used the service of an OK Plus contractual partner.
- 3.12 No miles are credited for flying on charter flights.
- 3.13 No miles or segments shall be granted for bonus tickets, for AD and ID tickets, and for tickets that have the symbol NO FFP, NO MILEAGE ACCRUAL, or NO CREDIT in the endorsement box. No miles or segments shall be credited for tickets, for which points crediting is also requested in the Czech Airlines company programme OK Plus Corporate. Czech Airlines reserves the right to fully or partially exclude certain discounted tariffs from mile or segments eligibility. For more details, contact the OK Plus Service Centre.
- 3.14 Czech Airlines reserves the right to debit at any time miles from an OK Plus member’s account for a flight/service which the passenger did not fly/use, which is not eligible for miles, which is eligible for a different number of miles than that credited, or for which miles have been credited by it into another programme.
- 3.15 A request for uncredited miles for flights must be documented with a ticket or a legible copy thereof (if an electronic ticket was used, an E-ticket itinerary), with the original boarding pass. Uncredited miles for flights with Czech Airlines (OK-coded flights with the carrier code 064 on the ticket) may only be claimed online. If such a claim is delivered in another way, a mileage fee applies to each claimed ticket.
A request for uncredited miles for using the services of non-airline OK Plus partners must be documented by the relevant document (hotel bill, car hire contract, etc.). All requests must be delivered to the Czech Airlines OK Plus Service Centre at České aerolinie, a.s. - OK Plus, V Celnici 5, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic, within 12 months of the date of the flight or the use of the service, unless otherwise stipulated in the partner’s terms and conditions.
- 3.16 All of the documents submitted for the processing of a request automatically become the property of Czech Airlines, and shall not be returned even upon request.
- 4.1 An OK Plus Membership Card, with a Member status, shall be sent to each new OK Plus programme member’s mailing address, once the first transaction has been registered in the member’s account (i.e., flight flown, or use of a partner’s service). Until a membership card is sent, the so-called Temporary Card, which constitutes a part of the Application, serves as membership identification.
- 4.2 Each OK Plus member who earns the relevant number of SkyTeam Miles (miles earned on the flights of Czech Airlines and its SkyTeam Alliance Partners) or SkyTeam Segments during a calendar year, on flights with Czech Airlines or its Alliance Partners, and who also earns during the same period at least 2 such SkyTeam segments on OK flights operated by Czech Airlines, shall automatically obtain an OK Plus Silver, Gold, or Platinum Card, which shall be valid for one year. Tickets purchased in selected booking classes may be partially or fully excluded from eligibility for being credited on an OK Plus Silver, Gold, or Platinum Card. Likewise, the tickets, for which points crediting is also requested in Czech Airlines company programme OK Plus Corporate, are excluded from the eligibility of being credited with an OK Plus Silver, Gold, or Platinum Card.
- 4.3 Cards are sent automatically to the OK Plus member’s mailing address.
- 4.4 All OK Plus Membership Cards are non-transferable and are issued in the name of the account holder eligible for the given card.
- 4.5 All of the benefits to which OK Plus Silver, Gold, and Platinum Card holders are entitled shall be governed by the operating conditions of the operating airline or the contractual partner providing benefits, in cooperation with OK Plus.
- 4.6 With every booking and check-in, a passenger must present his valid OK Plus Silver, Gold, or Platinum Card, in the event that he is planning to take advantage of the benefits offered to the holders of those cards.
- 4.7 Benefits are only provided to the holders of OK Plus Membership Cards upon the presentation of the relevant valid card.
- 4.8 An upgrade to Business Class shall be granted to the holders of OK Plus Silver, Gold, or Platinum Cards, on flights operated by Czech Airlines (except flights operated by propeller aircrafts), only when the passenger is travelling with a ticket purchased for an OK flight in booking classes eligible for the provision of that benefit (booking class B, H, K, M, T or Y), and he or she has his or her membership number properly inserted in the reservation, and he or she has requested the upgrade while checking in on the departure date. A later upgrade into Business Class, requested while the passenger is on board, shall not be permitted. For an upgrade of a Silver, Gold and Platinum Card holder to Business Class, 100 % of basic miles credited for the flight according to paragraph 3.6 of these rules will be deducted from their account for each flight segment. The deduction of miles is not applicable for full-fare Economy Class tickets (booking classes Y or M). This benefit shall not be provided on bonus ticket flights, on certain types of preferential-price tickets (see Article 3.13), and for flights purchased in certain booking classes. Czech Airlines reserves the right to cancel or restrict, due to operational reasons on a particular flight, upgrades to Business Class for OK Plus Silver, Gold, and Platinum Card holders.
- 4.9 A confirmed upgrade of an OK Plus Platinum Card Holder, and one accompanying passenger, to Business Class (known as a confirmed upgrade) shall only be permitted on a flight operated by Czech Airlines, provided that both passengers are travelling on an electronic ticket purchased for an OK flight, in a booking class eligible for the provision of that benefit (booking class M or Y), and if the Platinum Card holder has requested the upgrade on a special telephone line of the OK Plus Service Centre (+420-239-007-239) no earlier than 24 hours and no later than 2 hours prior to the flight. Czech Airlines reserves the right to cancel or restrict, for operational reasons on a particular flight, upgrades to Business Class for OK Plus Platinum Card holders and accompanying passengers.
- 5.1 OK Plus benefits include bonus tickets for flights operated by Czech Airlines, alliance partners, and other partner airlines, upgrades to Business Class for miles on selected flights operated by the SkyTeam alliance, and other benefits. Benefits may be in the form of services provided by Czech Airlines or non-airline OK Plus partners.
- 5.2 Rewards can be obtained for miles in an OK Plus account on the basis of the verification of a valid PIN or the account holder’s identity, on the basis of a personal identification document or passport, at a Czech Airlines office. The number of miles required to obtain a certain benefit is set out in the mileage tables available at www.ok-plus.com. Czech Airlines reserves the right to change the number of miles required to obtain individual benefits, from time to time.
- 5.3 Rewards may be used by the account holder or a person appointed by the account holder.
- 5.4 All bonus tickets and other rewards being given away as gifts must be initiated by the account holder, on the basis of the verification of a valid PIN or the account holder’s identity, on the basis of a personal identification document or passport, at a Czech Airlines office.
- 5.5 A bonus ticket is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Czech Airlines reserves the right to restrict the number of passengers with bonus tickets on certain flights. No bonus tickets are issued for certain flights. For further details, contact your Czech Airlines sales office.
- 5.6 An Economy Class bonus ticket with Czech Airlines can be upgraded to Business Class subject to a fee. For further details, contact your Czech Airlines sales office or ask at the check-in counter, before your flight.
- 5.7 In one trip on a return bonus ticket, one open-jaw shall be permitted, i.e., the airport of arrival at the final destination on the outbound trip need not be the same as the airport of departure on the inbound trip, so long as both are within one zone. One stopover shall be permitted with a bonus ticket. With flights with one-way bonus tickets, no stopovers or open-jaws shall be permitted. Bonus tickets for an Around the World Trip shall be governed by special rules, which can be obtained from the OK Plus Service Centre. Detailed and current conditions on the issue and acquisition of bonus tickets shall be provided by the OK Plus Service Centre or can be found on the OK Plus website, in the Redeeming Miles/Bonus Tickets section.
- 5.8 Benefits (especially bonus tickets) are fully subject to all applicable departure taxes and other fees and taxes.
- 5.9 Any taxes on the benefits obtained shall be paid by the person receiving them.
- 5.10 Making an additional change in the flight date, flight number or routing within the same zone on an already issued bonus ticket is only permitted before the departure date and is subject to a fee (change of the routing is only possible before beginning of the journey). A subsequent change of the name on an already issued bonus ticket is not permitted, ticket validity extension is not permitted. Unused bonus tickets can be refunded within its validity and before the departure date (partially flown tickets cannot be refunded). Refund of bonus ticket is subject to a fee. Miles will be credited back to the account from which they were debited. Return of any other OK Plus reward will incur 5,000 miles debited from the member’s account. The validity of miles used for the reward is not prolonged by refunding the reward. For more details and fees visit www.ok-plus.com, or contact the OK Plus Service Centre.
- 5.11 The provision of the rewards and benefits of all OK Plus contractual partners shall be exclusively subject to the relevant partner’s conditions.
- 5.12 Should any doubt arise as to travel on a bonus ticket, a passenger may be asked for proof of his identity.
- 5.13 The use of a benefit by a person who is not entitled to it, according to the OK Plus Rules, shall cause the benefit to be withdrawn. Should an unauthorised person have already commenced a trip with a bonus ticket, all commenced as well as subsequent transport shall be provided at the expense of that person.
- 6.1 Czech Airlines reserves the right to change or amend these Rules from time to time, without notice. Any and all changes and amendments shall be posted at www.ok-plus.com at least 7 days prior to the effective date specified therein. Should a member not agree to the changes or amendments, he may terminate his membership in the Programme in line with Article 2.8 of these Rules.
- 6.2 Members shall be informed of changes in the programme’s rules through the internet pages of the OK Plus Programme.
- 6.3 By submitting an application to the OK Plus programme, a member undertakes to comply with these Rules, including any amendments subsequently published (on the www.ok-plus.com website) and/or announced.
- 6.4 Any person who breaches the OK Plus Programme Rules shall be liable for any damage incurred thereby by Czech Airlines.
- 6.5 Each breach of the OK Plus Programme Rules may cause the cancellation of the rights arising from the miles earned, refusal to grant a benefit, or the withdrawal of a benefit – including an already issued bonus ticket or an upgrade.
- 6.6 By submitting an application for the OK Plus Programme, the passenger agrees that his personal information provided in the application may be, throughout his membership in the Programme, used by Czech Airlines and all entities belonging to the same group of companies (in Czech: koncern) within the meaning of Section 66a of the Czech Act No. 513/1991 Coll., Commercial Code, as České aerolinie a.s. (in English: Czech Airlines j.s.c.), for the purpose of providing new information and for offering and making use of the benefits in the Programme, and, furthermore, he agrees that this information, comprised of his first name, surname, address, telephone number, and e-mail address may be made available to the Programme contractual partners (a list of which is provided at www.ok-plus.com ) in order to offer their business and services, or for the Programme members to make use of the benefits offered by them.
- 6.7 These Rules shall come into force and effect on 31 March 2013 and shall supersede all previous versions.